Spring Vegetable Frittata Plate
• ½ cup egg substitute or 4 egg whites
• ¼ teaspoon Italian seasoning
• 1 Tablespoon fresh dill
• 1 Tablespoon fresh cilantro
• 1/8 teaspoon white pepper
• 2 chopped artichoke hearts (canned and in water)
• ¼ cup chopped fresh mushrooms
• ½ teaspoon olive oil
• ½ Tablespoon diced onions
• ½ cup torn spinach leaves
• ¾ cup blueberries
• ½ chopped dry roasted, unsalted almonds
• Preheat broiler.
• Place olive oil in a non-stick oven-proof skillet and swirl to coat entire pan. Heat skillet over low to medium heat.
• Add mushrooms and shallots and cook for one minute. Add artichoke hearts and cook, stirring constantly, until all vegetables being to soften (about 2 minutes). Evenly distribute vegetables on bottom of pan and sprinkle with torn spinach. Cook until spinach begins to wilt (about 1 minute).
• Whisk together egg substitute and seasonings; poor mixture evenly over vegetables, tilting pan to ensure an even distribution. Continue to cook over burner until bottom begins to set and turns golden.
• Place skillet under broiler and cook until frittata puffs up and turns golden (about 5 minutes).
• Transfer skillet to broiler, cook until the frittata puffs and turns golden, about 5 minutes.
• Remove skillet from broiler and transfer frittata out onto plate. Cut into four wedges. Place three wedges on plate with blueberries and almonds. The remaining wedge makes a wonderful lunch or snack. Calories: 200; Carbs: 18 grams; Protein: 14 grams; Fat: 8 grams